Tuesday, August 18, 2009

6. Life-long committments

Grade school I walked (I would have thought at least a couple of miles, but 0.97 miles by mapquest; what a disappointment).

Junior high school: 1.4 miles on my blue (color of my eyes) 3-speed Schwinn or when a new junior high was built, a 1.1 mile walk 1.1.

High school: ashamed to say that bicycles weren't cool, so I drove a 52 chevy until a totalled it. serves me right. Lost a front tooth as a continual reminder of the error of my ways.

College: lived on campus; subway everywhere else

Mission: walked, bus

Grad school: bicycle, classic Raleigh until I left it in the back yard and it was stolen

First jobs: carpool, then bus (every day across the Golden Gate Bridge; inspiring)

Post grad school: back to bike, sometimes subway, but bike was cheaper

Then several years wandering in the wilderness, until I returned to run/bus or bike/bus about a dozen years ago.

2 comments:

  1. You have never told me about the car accident in high school!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. some parts of the past are best left in the past.

    ReplyDelete