Tuesday, January 18, 2011

73. Bricks

Recipe for a fall:
1. Dark
2. Wet
3. Speed: Bus arrives with its 3-bike rack filled, requiring me to race ahead to the transit center where I can safely leave my bike overnight and still catch the bus (as opposed to waiting 30 minutes for the next bus)
4. Light rail tracks crossing my route

5. and bricks:  in an prettification move, as the rails were installed bricks were laid down between them instead of concrete or asphalt.  Need I comment on the slippery factor of wet bricks?

I went down, my head bounced off the payment (thanks, helmet), my rain pants tore, and my handlebars twisted, but I got back on and still made it to the transit center.  I just can't bear weight my knee.  But it bends, so I can cycle.

2 comments:

  1. oh snap! that's too bad. out here in MPLS I can count on falling on ice about a half-dozen times over the course of each winter season. I've been pretty lucky, though, and have avoided drawing blood. Sorry to hear about the bricks. That does sound slippery. No permanent damage to the bike, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's such a beat-up bike it would be hard to notice anything wrong, but I do have to straighten the handlebars.

    ReplyDelete