Sunday, December 9, 2012

128. I believe

Interviewed at the first day demo rides for Utah's new commuter rail, one prospective user said after comparing cost of gas with cost of fare, he'd save only 80 cents, but "switching to the train will save both his car and his nerves more than enough wear and tear to make the difference."


While riding home last week a transit worker asked if I would respond to some questions about transit use including why I commute by light rail/bus/train/bike.  She suggested some possible answers: save money, good for environment, less stress, time alone, etc.  My response?  "I believe in public transit."

1 comment:

  1. I have been impressed that the University of Utah pays for bus/rail passes for all of their faculty and students. Hopefully students who are learning to use public transit will continue those habits when they move on. Salt Lake County has great public transit but Utah county's is terrible, hopefully this influx in travelers will encourage them to improve.

    ReplyDelete