Sunday, December 13, 2009

34. Frostbite, part 2, the Experiment.

So I found a left ski glove, inspiring an experiment. Ski glove on left hand, winter cycling glove over a latex glove on the right. The weather was a balmy 22 degrees, an extra few degrees perhaps offset by a greater wind chill factor (I was late so had to cycle fast to catch the bus--the ride involves an approx 200ft drop, so I'm going at a good clip by the end of the final hill). Result: cozy warm left hand and chilled (but tolerable) right.

I was tempted by the "lobster" gloves recommended by Master All-Weather Cycler Reuben, but then I found the right ski glove.
Final solution: ski gloves for temp less than 30, above 30, regular winter cycling gloves.

Oh, I did miss the first stop for the bus, but took a short cut and caught up by the third stop. All's well that ends well.

No comments:

Post a Comment