Saturday, May 26, 2012

109. Smug

With a face as smug as any look Gingrich or Santorum could come up with, he paused as I passed, walking my new bike up a very steep hill a few blocks from home and said, "don't do hills, huh?"

You know, that guy walking a dog about the size of a loaf of bread, with his wife and daughter dutifully walking a few steps behind.

No, I replied, glancing at my back tire, I don't do flats.  Oh

My stolen bike from last year?--that was the one I had put all the work into with super tough inner tubes and liners.  So that process will start again; at least I have don't have to repeat all the work in finding out the best tube/tire.  I like the tire on my new bike, so just need the tube.  Don't care if it weighs more or costs more.  Flats are a bummer

1 comment:

  1. Cleaned out the shed last week and got the bike all ready to go with Bailey's help and even took it around a bit to ensure it shifted well. Yesterday I checked it to make sure it would be ready for an early morning ride and my new tire was flat. I don't know why flats are so frustrating/demoralizing, but they sure are.

    ReplyDelete