Saturday, June 2, 2012

110. Bike to Work Month

Hurray, Bike to Work Month is over.

This idea of encouraging commuters to ride bikes is great...  if it weren't for the competition over the 2 or 3 spaces for bikes on busses.

I got bumped twice in May, first time this year.  Morning is no problem; I start at the run's first stop, and even if I rode up and found two bikers ahead of me, I can always take the train, which on its reverse commute run always has room.

But on the way home, there are distant stops before me and no train late enough.  So I either wait 30 min for the next bus or lock my bike for the night and get on the bus without it.

1 comment:

  1. I hate bike to work week here in MPLS (we don't really do anything for May, and we hold our bike to work week in June, since blizzards are still a realistic possibility around here in May).

    Events to encourage people to ride are fine, but they are really of no value to people who already ride all the time.

    People keep coming up to me and saying things like, "Oh wow, you must be so excited that it's bike to work week. WHat a neat idea." And I just smile and nod while I think, "meh."

    ReplyDelete