Thursday, May 30, 2013

141. Great Price

Just an ordinary street fair; bought a couple of bowls and while talking to the potter and his wife (or the potter and her husband), somehow the subject of bicycles came up (but of course, some would say that I bring up bikes in every conversation, which I categorically deny).

I just bought a new bike, she said, a really nice bike for a great price. You don't think it was stolen? There were so many.

Yes, I do think it was stolen; why do you think it was so cheap?  And too many bikes? Traveling gangs hit campuses and parking lots.  From there to Craigs list or that corner where you got yours. I don't want to know. Go back to your clay.  Bikes wouldn't be stolen if dupes like you wouldn't buy them.  And don't tell me about the great price on that Ebay iPhone you're holding.




No comments:

Post a Comment