Sunday, December 22, 2013

157. Windmills

Don Quixote waged battle against windmills--"Just then they came in sight of thirty or forty windmills ... Don Quixote... said to his squire, "Fortune is guiding our affairs better than we ourselves could have wished. Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them... this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless."

I had a skirmish of my own a couple of weeks ago--choosing the arms of a parking garage gate as my target.  Following close to an exiting car, the arm came down as soon as the car passed, before I could make it through.

Designed to immediately raise when encountering any resistance, the arm left no more than a scratch on the bridge of my nose, a warning as it were.  But my war is righteous, and I will continue the fight; I just need to do a better job of selecting my opponents.

No comments:

Post a Comment