Tuesday, September 29, 2009

20. There's a Hole in the Bucket


Bought for $2 at a yard sale, I liked the visibility of its bright yellow, but everytime I saw my reflection, it looked like I had a yellow bucket over my head, so I discarded it in favor of a $10 helmet subsidized by my employer (of course with company logo). Left it one day on a bus; never seen again (that's it on my bike in the commuter train on the right)

Then a nice white helmet belonging to my son who is now a subway commuter. But I figured he'd need it again some day and wouldn't appreciate a few years of my sweat. So I went to REI (not always my favorite bike store--that's another post--but on my way home), and found a not so visible but adequate black helmet. Maybe if I attached a light on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment